This week we have been very busy! We enjoyed a visit from The Dogs Trust on Tuesday to learn about the importance of when and how to approach a dog. We even met Ted the Dog! The children had to act out different scenarios with their silly hats and their sensible hats on. The children also finished off their coast topic in geography by producing what they observed about the different types of erosion on the beach. They have also finished off their presentations all about themselves that we had starting in computing focusing on the importance of not overdoing it with bright texts, highlighter and too many animations! They produced some amazing presentations. We also continued to recap our Ukrainian taught by Miss Anna. Learning to say hello, my name is and it is nice to meet you. Ask the children at home if they can remember the different phrases. Seal class also did a fantastic job with their homework this week, they produced some amazing pieces of poetry based on our coastline. They have also been enthusiastically going on TTRS! Unfortunately, we did not manage to win the battle this week. But we are tied with the Orcas winning one week each. So let's try our hardest this week to see if we can keep that effort up over the half-term. Apart from that there is no homework assigned on Google Classroom. Please enjoy your time off it sounds like most of you have very exciting plans over the half-term holidays.
Big Shout Outs this week goes to:
- Campbell for his effort on Numbots, he went home with a lot of certificates!
- Raffi for his effort on TTRS, he is now at the top of the School Charts!
- Hunter for being our Star of The Week for his descriptive piece using a range of adjectives to describe Embleton Bay!
- Raffi for gaining his pen licence!
- And finally, Amalia for getting the Headteacher’s Award this week for great ideas, being kind and helpful and of course bringing in some delicious Meringues and Biscuits.
Have a lovely half-term,