Aims and Ethos
Embleton Vincent Edwards Church of England Aided Primary School seeks to ensure that all children achieve the highest possible academic standards, within the context of a caring community where attitudes of mutual respect and responsibility are promoted and Christian values form a central part of the school’s ethos.
At the school we fully endorse the view that ‘every child matters’ and our school seeks to ensure that its provision fully supports this philosophy.
Whilst recognising and respecting the wide variety of beliefs held by our children and their parents, and their diverse backgrounds, at the core our ethos is to provide an environment where children are given a framework to make moral choices throughout their lives, not just during their school years.
We aim to provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum, based upon the National Curriculum, that will take account of the widely differing skills and abilities of the children in our care, at all their various stages of development.
The aims of the school are:
- To promote a culture based on Christian values.
- To develop an awareness of moral, spiritual, social and cultural, values and a sensitivity towards the needs of others.
- To create a safe and secure mental and physical climate in which learning can flourish.
- To create a happy, stimulating and caring environment in which children can learn to co-operate and develop mutual respect for others and their belongings and feel happy and confident in their relationships with those around them.
- To develop dispositions which underpin lifelong learning.
- To promote self-respect and confidence in their own abilities, respect the abilities of others and to establish high standards of academic achievement and behaviour both within and beyond the classroom.
- To provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
- To promote equal opportunities, taking into account the different needs and abilities of pupils so that all may achieve their potential.
- To establish an atmosphere of mutual trust, respect and responsibility between home and school within which everyone can work together to successfully achieve these aims.
Friendship Jesus – a friend to everyone
Proverbs 17 v 17 “A friend loves at all times”
Wisdom Wisdom is a gift from God
James 1 v 5 “But if any of you needs wisdom, you should ask God for it. God is generous. He enjoys giving to all people, so God will give you wisdom.”
Endurance Go for it with God!
Hebrews 12 v 1 “And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us”